Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Featured Artist: Payton Woodcraft

If you catch me running errands or out grabbing a bite, you may find me wearing jewelry that I haven't created. Of course I love my own jewelry, but also appreciate the work other artists. This was no exception when I came across Payton Woodcraft. 

Payton Woodcraft first caught my eye in the sea of jewelry vendors with their beautiful display.  It was no surprise that their pieces had the same effect. Lining the tables was a variety of smoothly polished wood pendents and braided leather bracelets. With a mix of natural wood and earthy gemstones Payton Woodcraft's pieces can be worn with a casual dress or a pair of jeans. 

Piece from Payton Woodcraft Facebook Fan Page


The owner of Payton Woodcraft, Kristi, describes how her business began, "Payton Woodcraft is a small business that consist of myself (Kristi) and my husband (Sean). The jewelry line evolved over the last year. We started about 2 years ago making wine bottle holders and accessories. http://paytonwoodcraft.com/

While out in the wood shop Sean would make me a wood heart or other piece and would put it on a rope with a pull knot and they became the only jewelry I would wear. I recieved so many compliments on the pieces I wore, that I asked Sean to start making more for us to sell. I started implementing stone, clay and metal with charms here and there and a new line was born. 


We hope you find a piece you love for yourself or someone else!! Each of our pieces is as unique as the person who wears them." 




Be sure to check out Payton Woodcraft's Collection on Esty and stay up to-date on their newest happens and arrivals on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment