Thursday, October 14, 2010

Interior Design Trend Alert

Yesterday while at my much needed hair appointment I flipped through the October issue of Elle Decor. If you are looking to update your home you will not be disappointed in this magazine. It is full of inspiring ideas and designs. 


There were two pages in particular that caught my eye. (I have to admit, I even snapped a picture with my phone so I could remember!) The article was about trends within the home decor industry. I was surprised to find that the trends on the runway are not much different. Here's a look at two fall trends in fashion design and interior design. 

Trend Alert #1: Velvet


Add velvet to your home for an instant touch of elegance.
Selection of fabrics from elledecor.com.

Velvet was found all over the NY runways. Designers were adding the fabric to blazers, dresses, and Alexa Chung even included velvet in her shorts for Madewell.  

Photo taken by Pasna Antonov from WWD.

Dress by Doo. Ri Fall 2010 RTW
Photo taken by Thomas Iannaccone from WWD.

Trend Alert #2: Animal Prints


Exotic patterns are hitting homes. Animal prints can be incorporated into a room with an area rug, hand towels, or a charger like Ralph Lauren's.
Photo by Geoffrey Sokel from elledecor.com


Hugo X-Base Bench by Arteriors Home.


In my opinion, animal prints are always in style. You will be sure to turn heads with a leopard print dress and a little bit of confidence!


Leopard print silk dress by Dolce & Gabbana fall/winter 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment